Friday, April 24, 2009

Weekly update






Here are the photos for week two.  All of the plants are thriving and showing new growth.  Somehow I managed to purchase too many zucchini plants (14 total!)  I thought I had yellow crookneck squash but I didn't; so we bought some yesterday and they went in the ground today.  They went in the bed closest to the house and the one with the bean pole (and all of the zucchini and cucumber plants).
Almost all of the tomato plants have either blossoms or tiny tomatoes, and the largest zucchini plants' blooms are about to open.   The rhubarb unfurled a new leaf on a brand new stalk this week!  (In 3rd picture down, upper left of picture. )
Felicity: the top picture is taken from the far back corner of the yard, looking all the way across past the pool, to the other garden bed.  

2 comments:

  1. Wow, looks like everything is doing well! The tomatoes especially are booming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can't believe how fast everything is growing. I compared the first pics with the last ones and I could see growth. Looks great.

    Brian

    ReplyDelete